Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Will I get hired at the Federal Prison?

I applied to be a correctional officer at a federal prison. HR told me that they will do a Background check on me which includes, checking my driving record. My license have been suspended before and I have had traffic tickets. Will This affect me from getting the job? I haven't had any tickets in 3 years. I have no Points on my license either.
Answer:
They are checking your driving record for a few reasons. Mainly to make sure you are dependable (can make it into work), obey everyday rules, and if needed, you may have to transport inmates. The things in a driving record that will cause you to be turned down are reckless driving, leaving the scene of an accident, drunk driving or driving under the influance, loss or suspension of license, etc. These are red flags that you cannot conduct yourself in a responsible manner. However, parking tickets are usually ignored.

You mentioned that you have had a suspended license. If this is due to fines it will not help you get hired. However, if you have lost your license because you are a habitual offender or dangerous driver, it will most likey count against you in a large way.

They will also check your background as far as arrests, court appearances, etc. If the reason you lost your license involved you going to court, you might want to look elsewhere for a job. I have never seen anyone hired that had court issues.
If you haven't had a ticket in 3 years then it should not stop you from getting a job with BOP.
lmao they don't hire girls
depends what it was suspended for. failure to pay? DUI? You should be fine. Around here they hire cops with DUIs and even retail theft convictions
don't worry about your tickets thy care about other things
I've been through this. For one they are always hiring women. Second they do look at your driving history as your life's history. They will probably still hire you but they do look at that seriously. And if you lie about it, you can kiss your future good bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

easy law Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net