Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Will i lose my drivers license in north carolina for a ticket written in south carolina for 84 in a 70?


Answer:
Speeding does not make you lose your license unless you have multiple tickets and a court orders the suspension. First ticket no biggie, 10th.you may have some problems.
Not as long as you pay it. If you don't it will eventually show up and you NC license will be suspended.

If you don't pay it SC will give you the max, court costs and possibly a failure to appear. but w. 14 over this is rare. So later you have to pay all of this anyway.

And if you don't you will probably find out later in a traffic stop because it can take time for it to catch up. Then you have a driving on suspended and will have to pay reinstatement fees and all of that. If you have prior tickets in NC they may tow your car in that case. If you are driving in say VA and the unpaid ticket shows for SC you could have some issues.

My point is that if you paid it you will have no worries. If you have not or even have missed the court date contact them and ask what to do. So many things can happen otherwise from a simple speeding ticket.

Years ago I had a simple (6 miles over) in Delaware in but was a Virginia resident. I didn't pay it. 7 YEARS later I was driving to the beach in Maryland and got pulled over. I then found out that Virginia had just suspended my license for the Delaware ticket. Then me in handcuffs, charged with suspended, and girlfriend driving behind for me to go to police station. The magistrate released me but I had to pay for suspended later, got the points, insurance went up and... the original ticket for $50 was now $350.

But again if you paid it... no biggie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

easy law Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net