Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Will this show up on a criminal background check?

I was arrested last year in July, 2006 (bum rap) by the local police. When I appeared at court, the case was not called. My lawyer approached the bench and the Judge said there was no record or case number. The court clerk said they had nothing either. My lawyer told me that no charges had been filed, so It never went to court. I later received a letter in the mail (from my lawyer to the prosecuting attorneys office) stating that he is representing me and to contact him also if any further action will be taken. My lawyer stated again that this case was not pursued. That was last August, 2006. Will this show up on a criminal background check? I have heard conflicting stories that since it never went to court, that it will not show up. Thanks in advance for any replies
Answer:
No. The arrest record will always be there, but no conviction will turn up.

A background check should come back clear.
If you weren't convicted and didn't plea, then I don't see how it can fairly show up on a criminal background check.
Most likely the cops lost the paperwork or failed to follow their normal procedures for getting a case to court. It seems unlikely it will show up on a background check UNLESS the cops have already recorded the charge on computer
sounds like u lucked out, and someone lost some paperwork, but it there was no case, there should be any record
I would be worried about that in many way one you didn't have a file now one just pops up I would be scared that someone is setting you up be carefull and good luck
word of advice
there is ex police men on here
maybe the real thing
becareful with what you ask on here
I would find a reputable website online and go ahead and pull a criminal background check on yourself to find out if the charge is on there or not. It may cost you $20 or $30 bucks but it would probably be worth it to find out yourself so that you can find out what to do about it if it is on there. I think it would be better to do that then to wait and have prospective employers, etc. find out first.
pay for one yourself, and find out. You can do that you know. Some jobs require you to do your own,
Well you heard it from the man yourself, the judge said no record or case. So no worries. But the other party that you got involved with and the reason for the arrest, can file charges still against you, the statue of limitations, you have to check.
I don't know whether you are in Canada or the US, but from the info you have given here I would say that it would not appear on your criminal record check. That being said, I also suggest that you spend the $25 (that is what it costs in Canada at least) and have a record check done on yourself. That way you will know for sure if there is anything on your criminal record for a potential employer when they ask for one. But I think that you are without this particular record in the system-no court appearance and conviction then no record.
It will NOW that you posted it on the internet. LOL - just pulling your leg. It won't.
only if you were found guilty in a court of law ,otherwise no
Your arrest is a matter of record. However since there was no court date there can be no criminal record

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

easy law Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net