Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Will you give money to people panhandling?


Answer:
Never. With those who are friendly after I say no, if I feel like it, if they clearly are trying to do something to better themselves (pick up cans, whatever), I offer to buy them lunch, I sit down with them, I treat them like humans, I shake their hand and say goodbye without judgment.

Don't usually see them again. Generally we just need to remember we're human and don't like where we are to get moving again.
No!
No. If the people will not get a job, the the people do not deserve money. Even a minimum-wage job is better than no job at all.
so they can shoot into the arm or pour it down the throat? nope
ya..I do sometimes, I know.I know.sometimes I try to walk out a different door or something, but like this one guy he looked miserable, so ya sometimes
I occasionally offer a coupon for a free sub at the Subway across the street from where I normally see the panhandlers. If they won't accept the coupon, they don't need my help.
No, but if they were holding up newspapers, trying to sell them for 3 dollars each, I'd buy one. At least then they are making an effort.
yes i give money to people who panhandle sometimes not always and not much cause i normally don't have too much to spare . also some people are just so lost and mentally unstable to do alot of things and should be in some sort of hospital like this one guy i help out sometimes he had a job but got fired for being too crazy. he sits on the streets and lives on the side of the road he did too much drugs i think in the past. he did it to himself but he now lives everyday with the results of his mistakes he made he needs to be in a hospital but they won't take him.
Absolutely not! I have no intentions of supporting their drug and/or drinking habit.
It depends on the situation. Yes, there are homeless people that I feel generally sorry for, but I believe there is always work and always a place to stay at, no matter where you are. Even a homeless shelter is at least a place to sleep at for a little while. It's just a matter of if the person in mind is actually wanting to change their life, or just looking for an easy way to get money. And I'll give you two examples of situations that actually happened.

There was one time when my husband's boss was approached in the parking lot where their store is. Some guy walked up to his boss and asked for money. His boss' response? He told the guy he wouldn't GIVE him money, but asked the guy to wash the window's on his car, and he'll PAY him for the work. The guy said no.

Then, several years ago, my ex and I were approached, when we parked in the lot for our bank, by a lady in a MINK coat asking for money. I'm sorry, but if you're wearing a MINK coat, you don't need money. We didn't give her anything that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

easy law Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net