Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Worker's Comp in Texas - 2 jobs, injured at 1?

"My friend" has a co-worker named "Linda". "Linda" works 2 jobs, one of which is M to F 830 to 430 M to T, F is 9 to 12. So that is her full time, primary job. She also has a 2nd job where she works weekends and the remainder of her Friday. "Linda" was recently injured at her 2nd job and is using the benefits of workmen's comp. It is not confirmed if at her second job she is full or part time since it is retail, but she is getting the benefits via check. "Linda" continues to work at her 1st job and her injury does cause some conflict because it has to do with her hands. My question is, what she is doing is that fraud, shouldnt she be at home collecting 2 checks?? I need to know what is going on here. I really cant obtain a straight answer via internet. Any input is appreciated...

Thank you!
Answer:
Basically she is ripping off he system, since she can work and perform. SOrry would report her as in you are the one with insurance premiums going up that is in fact paying her.
That question will be asked in wc court. They will ask everything and anything to try to prove that she was stretching the truth. I injured my back at in 2001...to this day...I am still getting injections in my back and cannot sit or stand for too long. I have a paper pushing job as a medical biller...but I can no longer do the "pastry" thing I loved to do. Trust me...they make you jump through hoops...and if they find her "fraudulent" she will get into trouble. I worked at a major insurance company...and they send investigators to spy on you and WATCH everything to see what you are doing. I had this happen to me also...but it came back that I have altered everything in my life not to aggravate my current ongoing injury. Someone is always watching.Insurance premiums are so high do to fraud...and they make money by not paying any out. I was diagnosed with a pulled hamstring by Workman's comp Dr..and after three of my doctors did testing, MRI's and physical therapy.they mis-diagnosed me and now they have to take care of me for this problem that will affect me the rest of my life. I actually herniated several disc and now they sit on my sciatic nerve which is extremely painful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

easy law Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net